Saving Gas Money with the 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid EX

This site contains affiliate links. Please read our Policies for information.

Disclosure Auto test driveSaving Gas Money with the 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid EX   

Saving gas money.

Three simple words that for many families are a constant challenge.  It’s funny…or sad…that we have come to a day where we are grateful for gas prices in the mid $3.00 range.   With gas prices at a constant high, my husband and I talk about ways to reduce the amount of money we spend on gasoline each month.   We put one of those ideas to the test last month when we test drove the Kia Optima Hybrid EX for a week.

Saving Gas Money with the 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid EX

The 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid EX features a 2.4L 4 cylinder hybrid engine with a 6 speed automatic transmission that was able to handle the demands we put on it in Southern California.  A normal week for our family involves about 40% city driving and the remaining 60% is highway driving.  However, the highway driving can sometimes feel like you are on city streets with the stop and go of traffic.

interior Saving Gas Money with the 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid EX

Throughout the week, we put over 320 miles on the Kia Optima Hybrid. In a normal week of driving, we would go through at least one and a half tanks of gas and most of the time two tanks.  During our week in the Kia Optima Hybrid with our normal city driving, one round-trip commute to LA from Southern Orange County and eight additional hours of highway driving, we used a half tank of gas.

Saving Gas Money with the 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid EX miles per gallon

The hybrid technology excelled with the stop and go of our commute to Los Angeles with an average fuel economy of 30 mpg. It seamlessly shifted between electric and gas depending on the speed of traffic and the demands on the vehicle.  The Kia Optima Hybrid EX achieves fuel economy of 35 mpg in the city and 39 mpg on the highway.

kia optima hybrid panoramic sunroof

For families looking to save gas money, the 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid EX is an excellent option to help meet that goal.  The vehicle we drove was loaded with features including leather seats, a heated leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, remote keyless entry, Bluetooth technology, a complete navigation system, Hill Assist Control (HAC), and many others including one of our Kia favorites, the panoramic sunroof.

All of this for $32,725.00 including delivery and handling.   Kia is well-known for amazing offers and incentives, which you can find based on your location right on their website.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

CommentLuv badge