Sometimes, you need something dippable or just easy to grab and eat. 2B Mindset allows for that, too, and this easy-to-make Kale Chips recipe fits the bill as the best 2B Mindset snack!
The 2B Mindset plan makes eating super simple. You will eat 3 filling meals every day following some simple guidelines. The first is always drink water.
The second is to follow the Plate It! Concept to help you stay on track. Plate It! gives room for an optional snack between lunch and dinner, so all you need is a great 2B Mindset kale chips recipe.
Snacking is permitted on the 2B Mindset plan, but be sure to have your water first! After that, the ideal ratio for your snack is at least 50% veggies, 25% protein, and 25% fiber-filled carbs (FFCs).
The problem with kale chips you can buy at the local market is that they tend to add extra ingredients like fat and even sugar. But if you have an easy and delicious kale chips recipe on hand, you can be in control of what goes into your vegetables and into your body.
Dark green vegetables, like kale, are full of nutrients and are considered a superfood for a reason. A homemade batch of kale chips, like these salt and pepper kale chips, can contain under 200 calories in total.
This makes them a perfect clean-eating snack that helps you meet your 2B Mindset, “veggies most” rule. Serve them with your favorite 2B Mindset snack-friendly dips, or just eat them alone.
They are really good for you and best of all, they taste great! A few tips before you get started can help you make the best, crunchiest, tastiest kale chips ever!
You may even get the non-veggie eaters in your house to eat them!
2B Mindset Salt and Pepper Kale Chips Recipe
- First, be sure to wash your kale and then dry it thoroughly. If you try to cook wet Kale, it will turn out soggy. I like to roll mine in a kitchen towel gently and then pat it dry.
- Second, don’t coat the kale with oil. Instead, massage each leaf individually with oil. This will do two things. It will soften the kale leaves up just a little, keeping them from becoming saturated with oil and then turning out soggy.
- Last, be sure not to overlap the kale on your baking sheets. This will hold moisture in as the kale cooks and lead to, you guessed it, soggy kale.
More 2B Mindset Recipes
2B Mindset Snack | Kale Chips Recipe Directions
Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
Line several baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
Wash and dry the kale.
Using Kitchen Shears, cut the kale off of the hard center stem. Then, cut or tear the kale leaves into large “chips.” Be sure to leave them large since they will shrink slightly as they cook.
In a bowl, whisk together the oil and vinegar.
With your hands, gently massage the oil and vinegar into each kale leaf. Then, place them onto the lined baking sheets, being careful not to overlap.
Sprinkle the kale chips with salt and pepper to taste.
Bake at 275 for 20 minutes. Then, remove from the oven and let the chips cool for about 10 minutes.
Serve on their own or with your favorite 2B Mindset-compliant sauces.
2B Mindset Kale Chips
- 1 Bunch of Organic Kale Any kale will do
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Avocado Oil
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
- Line several baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Wash and dry the kale.
- Using Kitchen Shears, cut the kale off of the hard center stem. Then cut or tear the kale leaves into large “chips”. Be sure to leave them large since they will shrink a bit as they cook.
- In a bowl, whisk together the oil and vinegar.
- With your hands, gently massage the oil and vinegar into each kale leaf. Then place them onto the lined baking sheets being careful not to overlap.
- Sprinkle the kale chips with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 275 for 20 minutes. Then remove from the oven and let the chips cool for about 10 minutes.
- Serve on their own or with your favorite 2B Mindset compliant sauces.
More Healthy Recipes
Crockpot Chicken and Bacon Keto Lettuce Wraps Recipe | There are not many things that are better than bacon, except chicken and bacon.
Low Carb Healthy Breakfast Wraps | Wraps are a great way to start the day.
Crock Pot Bone Broth Recipe | Bone broth is a healthier alternative to water in most recipes.
Crockpot Keto Chicken Recipes | Chicken fits into keto diets like it was made for it.
Slow Cooker Corn on the Cob with Coconut Milk Recipe | Corn on the cob needs an upgrade.