Fix it and forget it with this crockpot bacon and chicken recipe with red peppers that is keto diet friendly and offers a low carb dinner everyone will love.
Crockpot Chicken and Bacon Sandwiches Ingredients
Take some chicken breasts and turn them into an amazing dish that utilizes your crockpot and saves you time.
One ingredient that will elevate this dish is the cooking wine, mixed with chicken broth, olive oil and a special blend of spices you will end up with chicken as you’ve never tasted before.
My favorite thing about crockpot recipes is that I can toss all of the ingredients in the slow cooker in the morning and have a delicious dinner waiting for me at the end of the day.
With carpool and driving my kids to and from sports, those evening hours are precious. Make it part of your crockpot chicken meal plan!
Crockpot Chicken and Bacon Directions
Add all ingredients except cheese and bacon to crockpot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is fully cooked. The chicken should shred easily on its own when you touch it with a fork.
About one hour before the chicken will be done, cook the bacon in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Cook the bacon on tin foil to make cleanup easier.
Crumble crispy bacon into cooked chicken and add shredded cheese.
Mix together in the crockpot and simmer or keep on warm until the cheese is blended and all the ingredients are warm.
I serve this crockpot bacon and chicken over lettuce or in lettuce wraps for a ketogenic low carb meal. If you are not on a low carb diet, you can serve this over toasted sandwich buns, rice, or base of your choice.
Crockpot Chicken and Bacon Keto Friendly Fix
This recipe can be made into a ketogenic recipe by watching your cheese and enjoying it over a salad or in a lettuce wrap. If you do choose to eat the cheese, be sure to stay within your keto carb limit for the day. I serve this delish crockpot bacon and chicken on sandwich buns for the rest of my family.
To keep this crockpot chicken and bacon recipe low carb, I serve mine of romaine leaves and still enjoy the cheese. Let’s face it – bacon makes everything better, right?
Enjoy this crockpot chicken and bacon recipe with guests during parties, for an easy holiday recipe served over Hawaiian rolls.
This recipe can absolutely be turned into a keto recipe. You can take the chicken and follow the instructions as in the recipe card.
However, you will want to serve the chicken and bacon mixture over lettuce instead of on a bun. You can make lettuce wraps or even lettuce bowls and enjoy.
The lettuce removes the carbs from the dish but also is another fun way to serve the chicken and bacon.
Ketogenic Crockpot Bacon and Chicken Sandwiches
- 4 Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 TBSP White Cooking Wine
- 1 TSP Light Olive Oil
- 3/4 Cup Chicken Broth
- 8 OZ Frozen Peppers Mixed Colors
- 1 Pinch of Pepper
- Salt to Taste
- 1/2 TSP Santa Maria Seasoning
- 1 Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- 6 OZ Shredded Cheese
- 8 OZ Cooked Bacon Cooked and Crumbled
- Add all ingredients except cheese and bacon to crockpot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is fully cooked. The chicken should shred easily on its own when you touch it with a fork.
- About one hour before the chicken will be done, cook the bacon in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Cook the bacon on tin foil to make cleanup easier.
- Crumble crispy bacon into the cooked chicken and add shredded cheese.
- Mix together in the crockpot and simmer or keep on warm until the cheese is blended and all of the ingredients are warm.
Other Popular Crockpot Recipes to Try