Snacking is often the death of a diet plan, but that doesn’t have to be the case. Finding recipes for snacks that fit into your diet plan can help make snacking easier and healthier while you diet. The keto chocolate chip cookies recipe is the perfect example of that idea. This recipe fits into the keto diet plan and makes it easier to enjoy a favorite snack while losing weight as well.
This keto chocolate chip cookies recipe is simple to make and guaranteed to satisfy that craving for something sweet without wrecking your diet.
There are many different things that need to be avoided when you’re trying to lose weight. Whether you’re on keto or simply trying to eat healthily, sugar is one ingredient that is usually avoided.
Even though we know we need to avoid sugar while dieting, that doesn’t stop the cravings for something sweet. The keto diet is no different.
While a keto diet allows us to eat some things that are not allowed with other diets, sugar is not one of them. But there are ways to work around that issue, like with this keto chocolate chip cookies recipe.
This recipe is one that fits within the diet plan of a keto or low carb diet. The best part is, the cookies still taste amazing, just like you would want from a cookie when you’re craving something sweet.
Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe | Ingredients
There are some things that we all expect to be in a cookie recipe that are still in this recipe.
However, one of the more important changes to note is that this recipe uses almond flour instead of all-purpose flour.
This alone will help lower the carb count in these cookies. But also, to give these cookies their sweetness, we’ll be using Swerve sugar substitute.
Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe | Directions
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a mixing bowl, combine the melted butter with the Swerve sugar substitute. Beat on high until smooth and creamy.
Mix in the egg and 1 ½ tsp of vanilla extract, and beat until smooth.
Add the almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum. Mix on high until completely combined.
Fold in the baking chips with a spatula until well incorporated.
Form teaspoons of the dough mixture into balls and then flatten to form a cookie shape. Place the cookies onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. (You can also use a silicone liner if you have one).
Bake for 12-15 minutes. If you let them get a little more browned, they become a bit crispier when cooled. If you cook them a bit less, they will be more of a soft and chewy cookie.
Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Butter Unsalted and Melted
- 1/2 Cup Swerve Sugar Substitute
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 2/3 Cup Lily's Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the melted butter with the Swerve sugar substitute. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in the egg and 1 ½ tsp of vanilla extract, and beat until smooth.
- Add in the almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum. Mix on high until completely combined.
- Fold in the baking chips with a spatula until well incorporated.
- Form teaspoons of the dough mixture into balls and then flatten to form a cookie shape.
- Place the cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.