The Buddha bowl is historically a vegan dish, although it doesn’t have to be. It has developed a bit of a following because it is so versatile and simple. In fact, the Buddha bowl is so easy that you can customize it to make it a 2B Mindset Buddha bowl.
A Buddha bowl, sometimes called a “hippie bowl”, is a simple and nutritious meal where the balance of diet and flavor is the key approach. Open your refrigerator, and with a little creativity, you probably have the makings of a 2B Mindset Buddha Bowl with dairy-free sauce already!
This vegan Buddha bowl is put together not just with a traditional vegan approach but also with the 2B Mindset nutrition plan in mind. As it is, it’s a perfect breakfast, lunch, or dinner, but you can switch it up too. Swap the tofu for an egg, and you have breakfast.
Feel free to add or swap vegetables, too. The choices and combinations are endless. Accessorize as you please. This Lemon Tahini Dressing is so lemony and creamy you’ll want to use it as a veggie dip on its own (think 2B Mindset snack time!)
2B Mindset Buddha Bowl with Dairy Free Sauce
You will need to follow a few steps to build a Buddha bowl of your very own. Once you understand the steps that go into building the bowl you could better understand the recipes.
- Grab a bowl.
- Choose your base greens.
- Replace the grains with riced cauliflower.
- (side note: If this is a 2B Mindset lunch you can use a small amount of quinoa up to 25% of the plate)
- Add a colorful variety of veggies, cooked or raw.
- Add your protein (we use tofu to keep it vegan).
- Accessorize (we recommend our Lemon Tahini Dressing)
- Enjoy and find your Zen!
2B Mindset Vegan Buddha Bowl Ingredients
For Lemon Tahini
If you want to make lemon tahini, you will need tahini and lemon. But you will also want some garlic, olive oil, and salt and pepper. The extra ingredients will bring out even more flavor.
This sauce is easy to make, but the flavors aren’t simple at all. Instead, it’s a very complex-tasting sauce that you will surely enjoy.
For the Buddha Bowl
We will need greens, veggies, riced cauliflower, protein, and the dressing if we follow the basics of the Buddha bowl. This recipe calls for a large beet, shredded carrots, shredded cabbage, brussels sprouts, tofu, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
Together, these ingredients will build the bowl, and you can enjoy it all. We can also substitute some of these ingredients, like quinoa instead of riced cauliflower or chicken instead of tofu.
You can use the tofu to make this recipe vegan, though. It is totally up to you. Be sure to cook the chicken thoroughly if you choose to go that route.
Directions for Lemon Tahini Dressing
Combine all ingredients except the water in a small bowl. Begin to whisk and slowly add water until smooth and the consistency is to your liking.
2B Mindset Vegan Buddha Bowl Directions
Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet and add cubed tofu. Season with salt and pepper and cook, tossing every minute or so until it is slightly brown and crisp. Then, set aside on a paper towel-lined plate.
In the same skillet, if you choose to, add a little more oil and place the halved brussels sprouts in the pan. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes, tossing as you go until the sprouts are seared.
Now, it’s time to build your bowl.
Layer the greens and riced cauliflower in the bowl.
Layer the vegetables on top of the greens/cauliflower base.
Add the tofu on top.
Accessorize with the Tahini Lemon dressing.
2B Mindset Buddha Bowl
Lemon Tahini Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup Tahini
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2/3 – 3/4 Cups Water As Needed
- 1 Clove of Garlic Minced
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil Avocado Oil Works Too
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt Or To Taste
- Black Pepper To Taste
Buddha Bowl Ingredients
- 1 Cup Greens Whatever Greens You Like
- 1/2 Cup Riced Cauliflower Raw or Steamed
- 1 Large Beet Cooked or Raw, Sliced Thin or Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Purpler Cabbage
- 1/2 Cup Brussels Sprouts Sliced in Half, Seared Lightly or Raw
- 3/4 Cup Firm Tofu Cubed
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil Could Use Avocado Oil Instead
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
Lemon Tahini Dressing Directions
- Combine all ingredients except the water in a small bowl.
- Begin to whisk and slowly and add water until smooth and the consistency is to your liking.
2B Mindset Buddha Bowl Directions
- Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet and add cubed tofu. Season with salt and pepper and cook, tossing every minute or so until it is slightly brown and crisp. Then set aside on a paper towel lined plate.
- In the same skillet, if you choose to, add a little more oil, and place the halved brussels sprouts in the pan. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes, tossing as you go until the sprouts are seared.
- Layer the greens and riced cauliflower in the bowl.
- Layer the vegetables on top of the greens/cauliflower base.
- Add the tofu on top.
- Accessorize with the Tahini Lemon dressing.
More 2B Mindset Recipes
2B Mindset On the Go Breakfast Recipes | Breakfast is usually the hardest meal to eat when you are watching your diet. But it doesn’t have to be anymore.
2B Mindset Recipes with Ground Beef | Ground beef is a great ingredient to use for your meal planning when you’re following 2B Mindset.
Crockpot Overnight Breakfast Casserole | 2B Mindset Veggie Supreme Egg Bake | Breakfast casseroles make eating a healthy breakfast easier since they cook while you sleep.
50 of the Best 2B Mindset Recipes on Pinterest | There are plenty of great resources to use that will help you succeed with your weight loss.
2B Mindset Buffalo Cauliflower Bites | Veggies Most Lunch Recipe | Cauliflower is a fantastic substitute instead of chicken wings. In fact, they may even be better.