With the 2B Mindset by Beachbody approach to weight loss and meal planning, you let the Plate It system be your guide to nutritious and delicious eating. There are no containers to measure. In fact, you can eat as much as you like as long as you stick to the Plate It concept. There is even a crockpot overnight breakfast casserole that fits into the plan very well.
Adding veggies to breakfast is super tasty and easy to do if you prepare and this Veggies Most crockpot overnight breakfast casserole helps you do it.
A 2B Mindset Breakfast consists of 50% Protein and 50% Fiber Filled Carbs, or FCC’s. Veggies, if you add them to breakfast, are “extra credit”; a freebie of sorts. Not only are they extra credit, but they are full of fiber and can help keep you full and satisfied until your next meal.
With a foundation of hash brown potatoes or root veggies as your FCC and eggs for protein, you can add endless combinations of your favorite vegetables for a healthy and filling breakfast that is ready when you wake up.
Prepare the ingredients of the crockpot overnight breakfast casserole, set it and forget it until you wake up. It’s that simple.
This crockpot overnight breakfast casserole is perfect to grab and go on busy mornings or if you have time, top it with a little hot sauce or fresh herbs and enjoy a hearty meal. Put the leftovers in the refrigerator and they will stay fresh and ready to gently reheat for about 4 days.
Veggies Most Crockpot Overnight Breakfast Casserole Ingredients
Using a crockpot to make anything is just an easier way of life. Most crockpot recipes only require you to prepare the ingredients, throw them into a crockpot, turn it on and go about your day or night.
When you return, you’ll have a good meal. the crockpot overnight breakfast casserole recipe is no different and fits into the Veggies Most plan. The ingredients range from things like garlic and onions to mushrooms and spinach. It already sounds healthy and it will just get even better.
Veggies Most Crockpot Overnight Breakfast Casserole Directions
Spray the inside of your Crock-Pot with non-stick cooking spray.
Line the bottom of your Crock-Pot with the shredded hash browns or root vegetables.
Layer the garlic and onion on top of the hash browns.
Next, place the carrots, asparagus, roasted peppers and tomatoes.
Top the veggies with a layer of zucchini, mushrooms, and spinach.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and salt and pepper to taste.
Pour the egg mixture over the veggies in the Crock-Pot.
Set the Crock-Pot to low and cook 8 hrs.
Crockpot Overnight Breakfast Casserole
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 Onion Chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- 8 oz Mushrooms Sliced
- 1/2 cup Spinach Rough Chopped
- 1/2 cup Carrots Shredded or Thinly Sliced
- 8-10 Asparagus Tips
- 1/2 cup Roasted Red Pepper Strips Jarred in Water
- 1/2 cup Zucchini Chopped
- 1/2 cup Cherry or Grape Tomatoes Sliced in Quarters
- 20 oz Frozen Hash Browns or hash Brown Root Vegetable Blend
- 12 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk or Almond Milk
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Spray the inside of your Crock-Pot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Line the bottom of your Crock-Pot with the shredded hash browns or root vegetables.
- Layer the garlic and onion on top of the hash browns.
- Next, place the carrots, asparagus, roasted peppers and tomatoes.
- Top the veggies with a layer of zucchini, mushrooms, and spinach.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture over the veggies in the Crockpot.
- Set the Crockpot to low and cook 8 hrs.