Just because you are eating a low carb diet doesn’t mean you want to give up eating really delicious food. It also doesn’t have to mean you eat a ton of fatty foods like cheese and creamy ingredients like mayonnaise. Take a traditional tuna salad recipe for an example. Simply using mayonnaise, as long as there is no added sugar, is low carb. It is also high in fat. There are more options for a delicious tuna salad to consider. This low carb tuna salad is as versatile as it is delicious. It’s also really easy to prepare.
Low carb recipes like this low carb tuna salad recipe can help you boost fat burning and weight loss. It is also easy to make and pack for an easy snack or lunch on the go.
You can build your low carb meal to suit your tastes and guidelines. Starting with a lean protein like tuna will keep you in that low carb zone and feeling full longer.
You choose the tuna that you like best. You will also add the fat you choose for your homemade dressing. Olive oil is suggested here but feel free to use avocado oil as well. There are options.
The next step to a delicious low carb tuna salad is the additions. Forget the old celery slices. This low carb tuna salad gets creative with Mediterranean inspired flavors like roasted red peppers and kalamata olives.
Fresh garlic in the dressing really adds a fresh quality to the entire dish. Add more or less. It’s up to you.
Serve your tuna salad over a bed of greens for even more of a veggie boost or make yourself a low carb tuna club sandwich. Whatever you choose, enjoy low carb and guilt-free meal that you took to a new and delicious level.
Low Carb Tuna Salad Ingredients
The ingredients are the most important aspect of a low carb recipe. For example, the tuna you use should be the kind that is canned in water, not oil. You don’t want to add anything extra to the tuna and oil is definitely extra.
The dressing could also use some fresh lemons and fresh garlic. The rest of the ingredients can come from a jar or can.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the tuna, peppers, onion, olives, cucumber, and parsley. Set aside.
Heat a small amount of olive oil in a skillet. Brown the chopped garlic for 3 to 4 minutes over medium-low heat.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil, salt, mustard, and browned garlic. Whisk until all ingredients are combined.
Add the dressing to the tuna mixture and stir to combine.
Low Carb Tuna Salad
- 2 Cans Tuna in Water Drained
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Red Peppers Chopped
- 1/2 Small Red Onion Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Kalamata Olives Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Cucumber Seeded and Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Italian Parsley Chopped
- 1 Lemon Juiced
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Clove Garlic Finely Chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the tuna, peppers, onion, olives, cucumber, and parsley. Set aside.
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a skillet. Brown the chopped garlic for 3 to 4 minutes over medium-low heat.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil, salt, mustard, and browned garlic. Whisk until all ingredients are combined.
- Add the dressing to the tuna mixture and stir to combine.