Some tomatoes aren’t just ordinary tomatoes. These tomatoes have been cooked in balsamic vinegar that gives them a sweet and tangy flavor. You can enjoy this chicken plainly, served as is, or make some sandwiches. Either way, you will be happy you took a chance on this recipe.
Chicken Caprese is one of those dishes that sounds a lot fancier and more difficult to make than it actually is. In fact, you can make a healthy chicken Caprese recipe without having a vast knowledge of the dish. The dish is a simple chicken breast cooked with cheese and then covered with tomatoes.
A healthy chicken Caprese recipe is an appetizer that displays beautifully for parties and is a tasty and easy light dinner that everyone will enjoy. Chicken is a very common dish that is made all around the world in many different ways.
We love lathering it in sauces, adding it to salads, and covering it in cheeses. That variety means there are so many different ways you could make chicken at home. The question is, how adventurous do you want to get with your cooking?
Believe it or not, you can easily make a healthy chicken Caprese recipe and flaunt the results off to your friends. The name alone makes it sound fancier than BBQ chicken and more difficult than a chicken salad. But the recipe isn’t hard at all. In fact, you can make this chicken tonight if you’d like.
Healthy Chicken Caprese Recipe Ingredients
You will want to use as many fresh ingredients as you can find. These ingredients will come together to make a deliciously healthy and impressive chicken dinner. You don’t even need much to get this impressive dish completed.
Whole grain bread, basil, tomatoes, mozzarella, and chicken are all needed. You can easily find fresh tomatoes of your choice and basil.
Most grocers carry fresh mozzarella as well. The balsamic is a different story. You don’t have to make your own balsamic glaze. You can use Trader Joe’s Balsamic Glaze. This stuff is amazing and will not only get the job done but also do it well.
Bake the chicken breast in the oven per instructions, or you can also put the chicken breast on the outdoor grill until fully cooked.
Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and set aside so they are ready to assemble on skewers/picks.
Thinly slice the loaf of bread and spread high-quality olive oil on each slice. Grill the slices until slightly brown in a pan or flat top on the stove. Prepare all of the bread and then set aside.
Create an assembly line and begin assembling the skewers starting with the mozzarella ball, basil, tomato, and then chicken.
Lay skewer on a slice of bread and then drizzle with Trader Joe’s Glaze.
Use a nice size platter that can be passed around or displayed as an appetizer.
Healthy Chicken Caprese Recipe
- 1 Loaf of Whole Grain Bread Or Bread of Your Choice
- 1 Basil Plant or Package of Fresh Basil
- 12 Oz Garden Medley Tomatoes Or Tomatoes of Your Choice
- 1 Container Fresh Mozzarella Cherry Size
- 1 Bottle Trader Joe's Glaze
- 1.5 Lbs Boneless & Skinless Chicken Breast
- Cocktail Picks of Your Choice Bamboo, Stainless Steel, Plastic
- Bake the chicken breast in the oven per instructions, or you can also put the chicken breast on the outdoor grill until fully cooked.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and set aside so they are ready to assemble on skewers/picks.
- Thinly slice the loaf of bread and spread high-quality olive oil on each slice. Grill the slices until slightly brown in a pan or flat top on the stove. Prepare all of the bread and then set aside.
- Create an assembly line and begin assembling the skewers starting with the mozzarella ball, basil, tomato, and then chicken.
- Lay skewer on a slice of bread and then drizzle with Trader Joe’s Glaze.
- Use a nice size platter that can be passed around or displayed as an appetizer.
More Healthy Recipes
2B Mindset Mediterranean Tuna Salad Recipe | Eating a 2B Mindset nutrition plan is not always easy but there are recipes that make it easier like this Mediterranean tuna salad.
Low Carb Kale Chips Recipe | Kale chips are an easy way to get healthy nutrients and find a new love for kale at the same time.
Healthy Copycat Chopped Salad Recipes | Perfect for Intermittent Fasting | Chopped salads obviously require a bit more work, but they are worth the effort in the end.
Crock-Pot Spicy Chicken Bowl Recipe with Spinach | A chicken bowl is a fantastic way to get a healthy dose of nutrition while enjoying the food you’re eating.
Low Carb Buddha Bowl Recipes | Buddha bowls are easier to make than you may think and more delicious, too.
Leave a Reply