Quesadillas are very versatile. You can make a quick and easy basic quesadilla with a mixture of cheeses or you can get more complicated and add meat and herbs to your dish. There are so many ways to enjoy a quesadilla. In fact, you can even make a breakfast quesadilla that is perfect for a busy morning. But why not go further and make a healthy breakfast quesadilla recipe that is perfect as an on the go breakfast or just something vastly different than a bowl of oats.
Add an easy healthy breakfast quesadilla recipe to your go-to breakfast recipes for an easy, healthy breakfast that is also delicious.
You think of a quesadilla as a snack, a tortilla folded in half with some melted cheese inside. This is a great dish, even if it is a snack.
You can dip it in sauces, add herbs and meats, or just eat it plain on your way out of the door. But most people are not thinking of a savory, meaty, cheesy quesadilla in the morning.
Instead, they want something a little healthier, a little lighter for breakfast. However, that is just doing it wrong. There is a healthy breakfast quesadilla recipe you can be using regularly as a quick breakfast for when you are in a hurry or for when you just want something healthy and different.
Healthy Breakfast Quesadilla Recipe Ingredients
The most obvious ingredients include the tortilla and the cheese. We use shredded cheddar cheese, but you could use any cheese you like.
Mexican mixes are great but get a little adventurous, try using mozzarella or pepper jack. You can even mix and match for slightly assorted flavors in each quesadilla you make.
You can even use different types of tortillas if you want. There is a lot of room for customizations here. The only things you will not want to change include the eggs, though they can be fried or scrambled, avocados, tomatoes, and cilantro Tapatio.
Coat your pan with ¼ cup vegetable oil and let it warm up over low to medium heat in a cast iron skillet.
Make your eggs, either fried or scrambled and mix with the other ingredients. If you use a fried egg, just place the egg on the tortilla and cover with the other ingredients.
When the oil is hot, place the tortilla in the pan and lay all ingredients on top of the tortilla.
Fold the tortilla in half or place another whole tortilla on top of the ingredients.
Flip the tortilla over to lightly brown each side and continue flipping until it is where you like it, or the cheese has melted completely.
Remove the quesadilla and cut into sixths or quarters. Enjoy!
Healthy Breakfast Quesadilla
- 2 Eggs Fried or scrambled
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese Or your favorite cheese
- 2 Avocados Sliced
- 1 Tomato Sliced or chopped
- Cilantro Tapatio Sauce To taste
- Coat your pan with 1/4 cup vegetable oil and let it warm up over low or medium heat in a cast iron skillet.
- Make your eggs, either fried or scrambled and mix with other ingredients. If oyu use fried eggs just move onto the next step without mixing.
- When the oil is hot, place the tortilla in the pan and lay all ingredients on top of the tortilla.
- Fold the tortilla or place another tortilla on top of the ingredients.
- Flip the tortilla over to lightly brown each side and continue flipping until it is where you like it, or the cheese has melted completely.
- Remove the quesadilla and cut into sixths or quarters. Enjoy!