The best spaghetti and meatballs start with one key ingredient; a really good meatball. Look no further than these crockpot Italian meatballs, cooked in your favorite sauce. Good meatballs are made with a blend of meats, cheese, and herbs and then simmered long and slow in their sauce until they are tender and tasty. These Italian meatballs are no exception. You just don’t have to stand over a big pot all day. You can prep these in the morning or even at lunchtime and have perfect meatballs by dinner.
Crockpot Italian meatballs are a staple recipe that can be used for date night or family dinners. Crockpot meatballs are also a popular party food recipe!
Don’t stop at meatballs and marinara over pasta though. You can go low carb with zucchini noodles or vegetables. These beauties are great on a hoagie roll with cheese melted over the top for a meatball sandwich.
They’d also be a huge hit at a party served on dinner rolls as sliders. They are so good you can serve them straight from the pot on a toothpick for a perfect addition to a potluck.
Start with a blend of ground beef and Italian sausage, add flavorful herbs and spices, and a blend of grated cheese and slow simmer until perfection. You should get about 18 meatballs from this recipe, which is plenty for however you decide to serve them.
One tip before you begin: If you need to overlap the meatballs in your Crockpot, that should be fine. Just make sure you have enough sauce to just cover the whole batch.
Crockpot Italian Meatballs Ingredients
But you want to make crockpot Italian meatballs which mean there is more that goes into these than the basics. You will need seasonings like Italian parsley, garlic, onions, pecorino or romano cheese, and oregano.
These are the ingredients that will make your basic meatballs into Italian meatballs that you will absolutely love.
In a mixing bowl, pour in the breadcrumbs and milk. Stir until all the breadcrumbs have absorbed the milk.
Add the ground beef, Italian sausage, parsley, garlic, onion, egg, grated cheese, salt, pepper and oregano to the bowl and mix until well combined.
Preheat your oven’s broiler.
Shape the meatballs using an ice cream scoop or big spoon, into about 1 inch balls. Place them onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Broil the meatballs for about 8 minutes.
Place the meatballs in your crockpot. Add the marinara sauce on top.
Cover the crockpot and cook on high for 3-4 hours (recommended) or on low 6-8 hours.
Crockpot Italian Meatballs
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 1 Lb Ground Italian Sausage
- 3/4 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Italian Parsley Flat Leaf, Chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- 1/2 Cup Onion Chopped Fine
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Grated Pecorino/Romano Cheese Plus More for Serving
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Pepper
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 Jars Marinara Sauce
- In a mixing bowl, pour in the breadcrumbs and milk. Stir until all the breadcrumbs have absorbed the milk.
- Add the ground beef, Italian sausage, parsley, garlic, onion, egg, grated cheese, salt, pepper and oregano to the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Preheat your oven’s broiler.
- Shape the meatballs using an ice cream scoop or big spoon, into about 1 inch balls. Place them onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Broil the meatballs for about 8 minutes.
- Place the meatballs in your Crockpot. Add the marinara sauce on top.
- Cover the Crockpot and cook on high for 3-4 hours (recommended) or on low 6-8 hours.