Margaritas are a great summer cocktail. They’re refreshing and pretty simple to make, not to mention very flexible. You can add your favorite flavoring to them and make a completely different cocktail. One of the many different recipes of margaritas is the blood orange margarita recipe. This recipe produces a margarita that is out of this world and is the perfect exclamation point to any weekend. Enjoy this poolside and make your summer even better.
The perfect blood orange margarita recipe can show you a whole new world of margaritas and the many different ways it can taste.
Get our popular summer cocktail recipes ebook for only $2.99! These drink recipes are perfect for any thirsty desire!
Margaritas may just be the best cocktail recipes around. Nobody how you like it, shaken, stirred, or slushed, you have the option of adding whatever flavors you want.
You could make the best apple margarita or the easiest blood orange margarita. That’s the beauty of this cocktail, you can make it all your own and no one would judge you.
Blood Orange Margarita Ingredients
Like most cocktails, this blood orange margarita recipe doesn’t require much. But to make it better than any other cocktail, there are a few ingredients that are extra and add more flair and flavor. There’s nothing wrong with dumbing it down a bit and just using the main ingredients like blood orange juice, tequila, and agave nectar.
But you’ll want to add freshly squeezed ingredients to go above and beyond. There is nothing like adding fresh lime juice, a lime wedge and blood orange slice for garnish and of course some coarse salt for the rim.
Directions for Blood Orange Margarita
In a cocktail shaker add blood orange juice, agave nectar, 1800 Silver Tequila, lime juice and top with crushed ice.
Secure cocktail shaker lid tightly and shake like there’s no tomorrow for 30 seconds.
Garnish with a wedge of lime and blood orange.
There are other margarita recipes that make for a perfect summer companion. Even if margaritas aren’t your favorite, cocktails are a vacation must.
Now available is my Summer Cocktail Recipes eBook! It’s filled with delicious cocktail recipes that are perfect for all of your summer gatherings.
Blood Orange Margarita
- 3 oz blood orange juice
- 1 oz Agave nectar
- 1 1/2 oz 1800 Silver Tequila
- 1/2 oz lime juice freshly squeezed
- fresh wedge of lime for garnish
- fresh wedge of blood orange for garnish
- coarse salt for rim garnish
- In a cocktail shaker add blood orange juice, agave nectar, 1800 Silver Tequila, lime juice and top with crushed ice.
- Secure cocktail shaker lid tightly and shake like there’s no tomorrow for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a cocktail glass filled with crushed ice and rimmed with coarse salt.
- Garnish with a wedge of lime and blood orange.
- Cucumber Cooler
- Fireball Whiskey Cocktail
- Perfect Lime Patron Margarita
- Yellow Bird Rum Cocktails
- Mai Tai Recipe
- Nearly Nor-Cal Margarita–