Christmas is fast approaching. That means wine…lots and lots of wine. There’s no fast and easy way to get through the holidays stress free. This DIY wine cork ornament might help a little though. It combines two soothing elements, wine and crafting!
Make your own DIY Wine Cork ornament to hang on the tree and give away as gifts! These also make a great DIY gift tag for your favorite bottles of wine!
If you are a wine lover you know that this is an ideal addition to any Christmas tree. If you have other wine lovers in your family you might also enjoy gifting these ornaments this holiday season. Add them to your favorite bottle of wine as a decorative touch for your favorite hostess or friend. You can even spice them up and paint them, if you have little helpers in your craft space they can help you with the finishing touches. Make your creation sparkle and shine and drink plenty of wine so you have supplies!
Supplies Needed for Making a DIY Wine Cork Ornament:
Directions for Making a DIY Wine Cork Ornament:
- Plug in your hot glue gun and prep your work space for cutting the corks.
- Slice wine corks into round discs about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Trace and cut out 1 star from one of the discs as well as a trunk for the bottom.
- Layout your design to create a tree shape. 4 discs then 3, 2, 1 and a star on top.
- Now you can begin with the hot glue, start with small dabs on either side and connect your discs.
- Attach your trunk and star with hot glue.
- Punch hole for the twine or hot glue it to the back if you prefer that look.
- Add some paint, sparkles, or mini battery lights if you want to spruce up your design!
These also make a great DIY gift tag for your favorite bottles of wine! Santa will have a great little helper this year in the wine and crafts department! Also, if you are looking for a way to preserve your favorite wines without drinking the whole bottle at once, you need to check out this post about the Coravin Wine System!