Crockpot beef sandwiches are so easy to make and very juicy, so tasty the whole family will love them! This shredded beef recipe is great for parties, busy weeknights, and more!
Or you can make them in a smaller crockpot and travel with it.
I have a whole collection of slow cookers because on occasion I use multiple crockpots for parties or events and also because they are so versatile. Have you seen these yet? They’re so beautiful…collecting crockpots is a thing right?!?
Now onto the good stuff. This crockpot beef sandwiches recipe is extremely easy. The crockpot will do the challenging work for you! A tasty, shredded beef recipe is also great for tacos and more!
Crockpot Beef Sandwiches Ingredients
Pot roast is where the beef comes from for these beef sandwiches and there are a few different options you could use for the pot roast.
Trader Joes has precooked options and so do many other grocery stores. But you could take the time to make your own pot roast, it will just take a lot of time.
Once you have the pot roast made or purchased, you will need ciabatta rolls, some olive oil, Swiss cheese, and sliced onion. Whatever your favorite condiments are, feel free to add them.
Shredded Beef Recipe Instructions
Sear pot roast in a cast-iron pan on all sides.
Cook pot roast in crockpot on high for 6 hours or low for 12 hours.
When the pot roast is almost done prepare a non-stick skillet with 1tablespoon olive over medium low heat. Add onion slices and toss to coat with oil. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, until onions are soft and caramelized.
Slice rolls in half and add a pile of shredded pot roast, caramelized onions,
and Swiss cheese.
It is always a option to add condiments like mayonnaise, horseradish, and
mustard to your sandwich.
Crockpot Beef Sandwiches | Shredded Beef Recipe
- 2 pound pot roast I used Cabernet Beef Pot Roast from Trader Joes
- 4 La Brea Chiabatta rolls
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 1 pound swiss cheese slices
- Sear pot roast in a cast iron pan on all sides.
- Cook pot roast in crockpot on high for 6 hours or low for 12.
- When the pot roast is almost done prepare a non-stick skillet with 1 tablespoon olive over medium low heat. Add onion slices and toss to coat with oil. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, until onions are soft and carmelized.
- Slice rolls in half and add pile of shredded pot roast, carmelized onions, and swiss cheese.
- It is always a option to add condiments like mayonnaise, horseradish, and mustard to your sandwich.