Making a pot of chili in your crockpot is not a new idea. Since the dawn of the crockpot era, chili has been a fan favorite. The real challenge has been to make a pot of slow-cooked chili that doesn’t taste like, well, something out of the crockpot. The way to do that may be with this beanless crockpot chili recipe.
This beanless crockpot chili recipe is simple and so delicious, it could win the local chili cook-off.
The secret is to this beanless crockpot chili recipe is using quality ingredients and the right blend of spices. Want to take it a step further and create a satisfying but diet-conscious bowl of chili that your family will request over and over again? This low carb, no bean chili will fit the bill. You won’t even have leftovers to reheat tomorrow.
Beanless Crockpot Chili Recipe Ingredients
Start with grass-fed organic ground beef or turkey and super-fresh veggies. Add something a little unexpected, like kale, to boost the nutrition and enhance the flavor as the chili slow cooks.
A dash of fresh jalapeno, not canned, will help layer some heat without that processed taste. Then choose your spices. Don’t be afraid to add something extra to the traditional chili seasonings.
A little bit of cinnamon adds a slight sweetness, goes nicely with beef, and cuts the bold spice of the jalapeno for those who prefer a little less heat.
You will never miss the beans in this chili, and leaving them out makes this recipe perfectly suited for low carb, paleo diets as well as Whole30 and 2B Mindset plans.
Prep time is about 10 minutes which makes this chili perfect for a fix-it-and-forget-it dinner or a delicious meal prep week.
Beanless Crockpot Chili Recipe Directions
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the beef and a little salt and pepper. You can also use ground turkey.
Cook until browned, breaking up large pieces with a wooden spoon or spatula. About 5 minutes.
Transfer the browned beef to your crockpot. Stir in the peppers, onion, celery, and kale.
Add the garlic, chili powder, paprika, cumin, and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
Add the tomatoes on top and stir one more time to combine. Place lid on the crockpot and set to high for 4-6 hours.
Makes 4-6 servings.
More Crockpot Recipes
Beanless Crockpot Chili
- 1 lbs Grass-Fed Ground Beef
- 2 tbsp Avocado or Olive Oil
- 2 Stalks Celery Diced
- 1 Yellow Pepper Diced
- 1 Orange Pepper Diced
- 1 Onion Diced
- 2 tbsp Jalapeno Diced, Fine
- 1 cup Kale Sliced Very Thin
- 3 14 oz Cans of Diced Tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Garlic
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the beef and a little salt and pepper. Cook until browned, breaking up large pieces with a wooden spoon or spatula. About 5 minutes.
- Transfer the browned beef to your Crock-Pot. Stir in the peppers, onion, celery, and kale.
- Add the garlic, chili powder, paprika, cumin, and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Add the tomatoes on top and stir one more time to combine. Place lid on the crockpot and set to high for 4-6 hours.