A cucumber cooler cocktail is refreshing and perfect for warmer days; it is also a lighter tasting cocktail for those evenings when you want a cleaner tasting drink. While they are refreshing, you don’t always have fresh limes or mint on hand to make a traditional Cucumber Cooler. Or it may be that you are spending time with family and friends and simply want to spend less time in the kitchen. Either way, sometimes you simply don’t have time to muddle as much.
A cucumber cooler with gin is refreshing and perfect for warmer days but sometimes you don’t have time to muddle as much. This quick version is perfect!
Get our popular summer cocktail recipes ebook for only $2.99! These drink recipes are perfect for any thirsty desire!
A mojito or low cal mojito is a drink recipe that many people love, but this cucumber cooler cocktail uses Hendrick’s Gin instead of rum which results in a lighter taste using clear liquor.
When we introduce this drink to friends we start by asking if they like a mojito and when they say yes we ask if they like gin. Sadly, many people don’t like gin because they haven’t had the RIGHT gin.
Higher quality gins each offer a different smell; think of it like wine or beer honestly. Hendrick’s Gin is our household favorite because of the light floral undertones. Everyone loves this drink when they have it!
Cucumber Cooler Cocktail Ingredients
You can use any gin but the floral undertone of Hendrick’s gin really brings out the flavor in this cocktail. Mojito mix can go a long way in this recipe.
Sure, the cucumber will add a little flavor, not much but a bit, and the club soda makes it fizzy and refreshing. But the mojito mix and the gin are the two things that matter most.
Directions for Making a Cucumber Cooler with Gin
1. Place four parts Gin in a cocktail shaker.
2. Add six sliced cucumbers to shaker.
3. Add three parts Rose’s Mojito Mix in a shaker. You can use another brand as well; we prefer this one because it is not as sweet as the lime is stronger to pair with the gin.
4. Shake ingredients together in a cocktail shaker.
5. Pour into ice-filled glasses and top with club soda to your liking. A splash or two does the trick for this cocktail and keeps it light.
This recipe makes two cocktails and is one of our favorite drink recipes. It also happens to run a close race for “favorite cocktail” to our refreshing Nearly NorCal Margarita.
The Summer Cocktail Recipes eBook is now for sale! It’s got all of the fresh and delicious flavors you’d expect from a summer cocktail!
Cucumber Cooler with Gin
- 4 parts Gin
- 3 parts Rose's Mojito Mix
- cucumber sliced
- Place four parts Gin in a cocktail shaker.
- Add six sliced cucumbers to shaker.
- Add three parts Rose’s Mojito Mix in a shaker. You can use another brand as well; we prefer this one because it is not as sweet as the lime is stronger to pair with the gin.
- Shake ingredients together in a cocktail shaker.
- Pour into ice-filled glasses and top with club soda to your liking. A splash or two does the trick for this cocktail and keeps it light.