I am a huge dessert lover so my eyes were naturally drawn to the “healthy” dessert Coach’s Oats apple crisp recipe on the package. Whether you have a sweet tooth and want a healthy dessert or want to make a wonderful apple breakfast dish, this oatmeal apple crisp is perfect!
This Coach’s Oats oatmeal apple crisp recipe is perfect for a healthier dessert or as an easy warm apple breakfast dish.
We all try to eat as healthy as we can, but even those on a strict diet need a little dessert here or there. Our pantry is always stocked with Coach’s Oats because it’s not only healthy, but it tastes amazing and keeps us full through the morning.
A simple and easy oatmeal apple crisp recipe is such a staple recipe to have in any kitchen. When you have friends and family over for a mid-morning gathering, this recipe is perfect.
With its light texture, the apple crisp recipe is lighter and not too heavy so makes a wonderful addition to brunch as well.
Ingredients for Coach’s Oats Oatmeal Apple Crisp Recipe
The ingredients for Coach’s Oats oatmeal apple crips come in two parts as you will need to make the oats and then the toppings. But once you’ve finished, you will want to use this recipe for dessert, breakfast, maybe a snack and no one will blame you.
It’s the mixture of the oats with cinnamon and nutmeg that make the apples even better. There is also a level of natural health that comes with some of the ingredients like the oats and the apples.
In fact, there are even some health factors of cinnamon. The point? While these are sweet and tasty you can rest assured you’re doing your body good.
Directions for Coach’s Oats Apple Oatmeal Crisp Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Clean and slice apples and grease bottom and sides of an 8″ x 8″ square pan.
3. Mix topping ingredients until it is crumbly.
4. Layer the apples in the pan so they are evenly distributed.
5. Sprinkle topping over apples and bake for 30-40 minutes until the topping is golden brown.
I love that you can hear a slight bubbling of the apples as it comes out of the oven and makes the house smell incredible. You can serve this Oatmeal Apple Crisp with ice cream or whipped cream as Coach’s Oats indicates but honestly, it is not needed.
This is a “mildly” healthy dessert on its own and is perfectly sweet without being too much so.
It’s everything I love about an apple crisp and an apple pie without as many processed carbs. This recipe is perfect for the holiday season or any time of year. Happy baking!
Coach's Oats Oatmeal Apple Crisp
Coach's Oats Oatmeal Apple Crisp Ingredients
- 5 cups apples sliced and peeled
Oatmeal Apple Crisp Topping Ingredients
- 1/3 cups butter softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg could use pumpkin spice for a fall twist
- 1/2 cup Coach's Oats
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Clean and slice apples and grease bottom and sides of an 8" x 8" square pan.
- Mix topping ingredients until it is crumbly.
- Layer the apples in the pan so they are evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle topping over apples and bake for 30-40 minutes until the topping is golden brown.