Fall is a beautiful time of year and there are so many fun family activities you can do to enjoy both the indoors and outdoors. Little One Books knows just which activities will light your fire and is sharing seven with you today!
1. Make a cup of cocoa. Nothing is as effective as battling chills than a taste of warm chocolate. Just ask them.
2. Create a leaf rubbing. Fall provides countless varieties of leaves. Place leaves under a sheet of paper and rub the top with crayon or chalk to create beautiful memories.
3. Recommended reading: Five Little Pumpkins. Can’t get to a pumpkin patch? This popular rhyme will ready kids for the Halloween season.
4. Read it now: One Leaf Rides the Wind. A single leaf opens the door to a visual extravaganza as a young girl explores a traditional Japanese garden.
5. Fall is a perfect time to visit an apple orchard. The benefits include homemade applesauce and apple pie – two seasonal favorites.
6. Stuff a Scarecrow. Bad news for birds, good news for those pants you haven’t worn since 1983.
7. It’s the simple things. A sensory walk outdoors will reveal the sight of changing leaves, the feel of crisp wind and the familiar scent of fall.
Which fall family activities are your favorite?