I want to love cooking. But instead I love baking.
I just made this chocolate chunk cookie recipe last week to take to Coach Marcus and upon reminding myself of how ooey gooey amazing they are, figured you would love them to.
This chocolate chunk recipe can also be made with chocolate chips if you are out of chunks and is a great recipe to make with the kids! Our favorite part of making these is that EACH and EVERY time, we wonder if there will be enough dough to hold the chocolate together.
Ingredients for Chocolate Chunk Cookie Recipe:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c softened butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 c vegetable shortening
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 12 oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chunks
Chocolate Chunk Cookie Recipe Directions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine butter, shortening, sugars and vanilla. Beat until creamy.
- Beat in egg and gradually add flour mixture. Mix well.
- Add in chocolate chunks and mix well.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and cool for 2 minutes before removing from pan.
Enjoy! And don’t forget to check out our other great recipes for meal planning this week!